Sunday 15 January 2012

CaK Full Disk - 15th January

cak full disk by Mark Townley
cak full disk, a photo by Mark Townley on Flickr.

I was able to utilise every minute of todays short viewing window, and after running off the Ha shots I decided to have a go at CaK wavelengths; poor seeing left me none too optimistic about what would come out, but with this in mind i'm really pleased with this result. The boiling limb caused by poor seeing shows itself on the final image as a rough edge, and can be seen easier when viewing the full size image. I did have a go at some white light shots, but the fine granulation was destroyed by the turbulent seeing.

Either way, i'm really happy with the amount of solar imaging i've been able to get in so far in 2012. Let's just hope the weather carries on obliging and lets me get many more sessions in!