Sunday 3 April 2011

Saturdays Solar Setup


scope, originally uploaded by Mark Townley.

Thought I would post a picture of the setup i've been using of late for my solar work. On the EQ6 Pro mounted side saddle on Geoptik hardware is my 5" Meade refractor. This has been 'modded' with a Moonlite focuser, extra large dew shield and Harvington Strut. It is used with the Lunt Solar Wedge and variety of filters for whitelite imaging. Mounted next to it is my Ha setup. The is a 70mm f6 frac, and can be seen in the picture to have double stacked Coronado 40mm etalons mounted to it. The Coronado 'Solfinder' finder scope is mounted to it by means of a laser pen bracket. The smaller scope can also be used for whitelight when seeing conditions are poorer or if I want to get full disk whitelight images

In terms of developments of this setup, the plan is to fit an extra set of mounting rings to the Meade frac complete with a Losmandy mounting plate clamp, this will primarily be to mount the CaK PST on here also, however will also allow me to put my Meade ETX90 on there aswell.