Sunday 22 April 2012

AR11462, AR114663 & Quiescent Prom

AR11462 63 by Mark Townley
AR11462 63, a photo by Mark Townley on Flickr.

Following on from yesterday I decided to be up, out and setup first thing this morning to capitalise on any blue sky that may be about before the 'april showers' kicked in; i'm glad I was ready as they ultimately started about 3 hours earlier than yesterdays. I decided to take a flat field today, and this has shown a big improvement on yesterdays image.

One thing that I am finding completely different is the post processing with single stack compared to double stack; I had tried my usual routine and found this to be completely unsuitable, however, spending sometime last night with a bottle of red and CS4 and my creative approach was soon reawakened, I think I have the basis of a single stack routine, that, give me a lil' time to refine and will get up as a tutorial...

It's a real dilemma with the poor weather we're having this april here in the UK, I wanted to (and did for a while) just look through the eyepeice, mouth open, ooo-ing and ahh-ing to myself at the 100mm views, however i'm concious while i'm doing this clouds are fast bubbling up and encroaching, and today was no excepption so I sacrficed visual views to get some imaging instead...

I was straight to the the huge prom that has graced us for the last couple of days around ARs 11462 & 11463 and it didn't fail to impress: