Saturday, 1 August 2015
AR12391 in Ha 30th July
I finally got round to finishing a mod off I started some time ago, sorting out the objective on my Meade 127mm refractor. I have it stopped down to 125mm and is sporting a Beloptik Tri-band ERF internally to cut back energy levels so I can use it with the Daystar Quark safely. These are the first images from it and have to say i'm pretty pleased. I have a nice range of focal lengths and apertures I can use now depending on seeing to go all the way from full disk to hi-res closeups like this. The Baader solar telecompressor was used to reduce the image scale back a bit. This is slightly off band but still a nice result I think.
Posted by Mark Townley at Saturday, August 01, 2015